Applying and Transferring

keep calm and major in agcomm

New Students

Students who will be entering or returning to the University of Illinois should apply through the Office of Admissions and Records.

Apply through Admissions

The Agricultural Communications major is listed with the College of ACES and the College of Media. Applicants are reviewed by representatives from both colleges.

Inter-collegiate Transfers

Students already at the University of Illinois may apply to transfer into the Agricultural Communications degree program through the College of ACES Inter-collegiate Transfer (ICT) process. Ag Comm accepts applications during ICT periods at the beginning of each semester and prior to the early registration period each semester. Applicants complete an ICT Form. Decisions are based on the pool of applicants, space in the program, GPA, and an essay. Applications are reviewed by representatives from the College of ACES and the College of Media. 

For more information about this procedure, please see Changing My Major (Undergraduate): A Guide to the Intercollegiate Transfer (ICT) Process.

Intra-collegiate Transfers

If you're already an ACES student and wish to change your major or the concentration within your major, you can find the requirements, procedural information, and contact information for doing so on the Changing My Major page.